sexta-feira, 12 de outubro de 2012

500 days of Summer




This text was originally published in my facebook (for some reason I wrote in English), and now I’m posting in my Blog. I Hope you enjoy it…

I’ve just watched 500 days of Summer, and I was fooling myself thinking that I’m Tom, but for the last four years I’ve been Summer. There is a lesson in this movie, of course you can make a lot of rationalizations and keen observations, like the crypto-freudian thinking when the director uses their youth as a way to define they character as adults, but that’s not my point. My point is a lot simpler, and it’s not about men and women, but about us as human beings. As this movie testifies, we want what we can’t get, and worst, when by chance we get what we really want we get scared and ruin it, so we can continue unsatisfied. We are also trapped in a strange and new situation, when, after centuries of not having a choice, we can finally choose the people we love, our ancestors did that to us. In the past, not so long ago, society made that choice for us, but now we can choose any one we like. And what we discover? It’s not that ease, most part of the time you just can’t choose, you’re indecisive, there are so many choices! But when you finally decide you choose the wrong person, or someone who don’t care about you, and you don’t give a fuck for the person who has chosen you! And life goes on and on, and you start to realize with a sense of bewilderment that we can’t choose or control that. Somehow we see, after been blind for a long time, that there is this force of nature inside of us, almost incontrollable, that make all that choices without any regard for what we like or what we want. After that, a few wise men (or rather wise human beings) realize that we can’t control that force but we can, at least, be friends with that, learn to hear it, and try to live a more complete and full live. Some, even wiser, realize, after a lot of pain, that we attract what we are, if you are indecisive you are going to feel attracted for indecisive person, cause these persons are going to be a lesson to you, and if you don’t learn, that’s just too bad for you, cause the cycle go on… until the day you die. We are looking for happiness in the wrong places, we think we have some sort of control but we are been controlled, and worst, we don’t even Know, that’s the sad part. When you face a choice, when you face a dilemma of any sort, in the end, what you are really facing is yourself, nothing more. What you are is going to save you or put you in a lot more trouble. Doesn’t matter if you can get the perfect girl, the one, if you are not the one, if you still indecisive and immature, if that’s the case the end will be disaster, at least, make the best of it and learn something, grow up a little bit, and keep going… where you might ask, I don’t know, sorry, but keep going any way, if you ever get’s there you will know when you arrive… (I hate to sign the things I write, but this time I will make an exception) Heráclito Aragão Pinheiro,  Fortaleza, 12/10/2012 

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário